We have entered into this voluntary Code with the Insurance Council of Australia (ICA). This Code commits us to uphold minimum standards when providing services covered by this Code.
We acknowledge that our customers and our relationships with them are the foundations of our business.
The terms of this Code require us to be open, fair and honest in our dealings with you.
This Code aims to work with the many laws covering our conduct and in no way limits your rights under such laws against us. This Code also deals with issues not dealt with in legislation.
The Code terms provide that you may:
- ask us to address an issue;
- access our Complaints process set out in section 10 of this Code; and/or
- report your concerns to the CGC.
By agreeing to this Code, we enter into a contract with the ICA to abide by this Code. This Code does not create legal or other rights between us and any person or entity other than the ICA.
If we fail to meet our obligations under this Code, the CGC may impose sanctions on us.
Important terms which have a special meaning are identified in bold and can be found in the Definitions section at section 15 at the end of the Code.
 The Code Governance Committee.
The objectives of this Code are:
- to commit us to high standards of service;
- to promote better, more informed relations between us and you;
- to maintain and promote trust and confidence in the general insurance industry;
- to provide fair and effective mechanisms for the resolution of Complaints and disputes between us and you; and
- to promote continuous improvement of the general insurance industry through education and training.
The objectives of this Code will be pursued having regard to the law, and acknowledging that a contract of insurance is a contract based on the utmost good faith.
Access the Code by clicking on the logo below: